Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hanging out with the locals...





















Our last day in Cartagena, Mario and I went to the Old City. Mario had never been there before, so we toured the town. Even though Mario is half my age, we had a great time. Lots of history, which Mario has studied and heard about. We weaved our way in and out of the small streets and between all the vendors trying to sell us anything and everything. Mario told me that they were saying to him in spanish, to help them out by selling there stuff to me at expensive prices,so he would be helping a fellow Colombian out. Mario was disappointed with his countrymen. However, I was greatful. We had a late lunch, early dinner at a bar/restaraunt. We had fish and a local beer "Aguila". The food was great, and the company even better. Dad was trying to get on the good side with the local police and fruit vendors...

As you can see from the picture to the right, one of the vendors was hounding me, and a local through some crumbs up in the air and the birds started taking off. I tried to, but my wings didn't work. However, I am getting very good at no gracias or no quiero nada... We enjoyed our short stay in Cartagena and the nice soft mattrress's and warm showers. Like all good things, this too had to come to an end. Maybe someday when Ruben and the kids are older, we can return.

No comments:

Post a Comment