Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hotel Sinu

Our last day in Monteria and at the Hotel Sinu. yea....
woke up, knowing this was the last cold shower ( i hope) in awhile. Ruben and I had our usual breakfast of eggs, fresh juice, corn bread, cold cereal, and coffee. As mentioned in the recent blogs, Ruben has had an intermittent fever over the past few days. So, we made an appointment with a doctor at 11:30 today, This should be interesting. Hopefully Ameida our attorney is on her way back Terrialta getting Ruben's updated birth certificate. We purchased our tickets yesterday for a 7 pm flight to Bogota tonight. It feels so weird to be repacking our bags and throwing out the unnecessary items. We were told that with Aires airlines, we each get 40kg for weight limit, not 50 lbs per bag. I'm sure we will go over some. I attached a few pictures of our stay here at the hotel. construction has been going on for 3 months on the streets surrounding the hotel. they do almost everything by hand. It's like being in the dark ages at times. And they don't start at 8am, it usually acts like our alarm clock around 630 every morning. Tracey likes to sit from the balcony and supervise. She even has a fan base from the workers who like to wave to her. We will miss our hotel staff friends, especially jorge in the kitchen. he knows how I like my coffee, and we have communicated as best we can with each other. Jorge, and other kitchen staff found my pictures of Montana and snow very interesting. I'm sure most, if not all of them will never see snow in person. I'm sure Ruben will miss the routine of going to the park, dad taking pictures of complete strangers, running around our motel room pushing buttons to get our attention. He especially likes turning off the tv and seeing mom's reaction. I can't blame him, it is kind of amusing to watch her get upset and tell him no. It kind of reminds me of me when I push her buttons. I just get a good seat to watch it all now... I wonder if we will have the same room back at the La lanthana in Bogota. it is a little smaller room, but has a general family area, where I can practice communicating with the French families.




No comments:

Post a Comment